Dear Clients of Earth Concerns:
We want to remind you of our safety precautions during the pandemic.
We are happy to provide service using maximum precaution and taking extra steps to clean touch zones in the home, if the conditions below are met:
- Staff can stay one room apart from household members at all times.
- No one in your household has any of the following new or worsening symptoms: fever, chills, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of smell, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- No one in your household has one or more symptoms of COVID-19 and/or is waiting for test results after having symptoms.
- In the last 10 days, no one in your household has tested positive for COVID-19.
- No one in your household has been notified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19 AND been told to stay home and self-isolate.
- In the last 14 days, no one in your household has travelled outside of Canada AND been advised to quarantine according to Ontario and/or federal quarantine requirements.
Safety During the Clean
Staff fill out & send to the office a screening questionnaire about their health and exposure before going to work every day.
Staff wear a mask or safety shield when cleaning.
Clients wear a mask or shield around staff when working on the same floor/level or passing through an area staff are working.
↔️ A distance of one room is required at all times.
Staff will ask clients to exit an area before they enter in order to stay one room apart.
Communication inside the home can be done by phone.
We ask that any sharp item like raiser blades or broken glass be properly wrapped in a paper bag or cardboard before being placed in garbage bins.
If you require that staff be vaccinated before entering your home, please inform the office directly. Due to privacy laws, we do not discuss vaccination status of staff. If you request that the cleaner be vaccinated, only staff that meet your request will be available for your bookings. For privacy reasons, we cannot discuss the situation beyond providing available staff based on your requirements. We ask that clients respect staff privacy through this process and not make assumptions about anyone that is not available. All staff are still required to wear masks and maintain a distance of one room from clients when on the job.
Staff can call you to arrange safe entry when they arrive.
Getting out of the house is encouraged but can’t always be managed. If you are not able to exit the home, staff work in areas opposite to your location.
We can help choreograph the clean to make sense for your whole household. Ask us for our email on: how to choreograph the clean.
After booking, you can cancel the clean at any time for safety reasons*. If you cancel a clean for safety reasons, the clean will be rescheduled for the next available safe date.
*last minute cancellation for all reasons other than safety requires 2 business days notice to avoid the cost of the booking. We still ask for 2 weeks courtesy notice for changes to the schedule out of respect for staff and the office.
Staff can stop work any time they feel unsafe. The right to refuse work at any time for health and safety is a core message in training and we reinforce it daily here. Clients are billed for the full booking when the safety issue was avoidable and due to client negligence (for example: clients refusing to distance or wear a mask when in the same room as staff)
Thanks for your cooperation! If you have any Qs, feel free to get in touch.
earth concerns ® CLEANING