Green cleaning is not complicated. Here’s our guide to eco-friendly cleaning products and smart product choices. Introducing you to a great line up of manufacturers and brands – but not forgetting the most basic ingredients like baking soda and vinegar. This guide shows you the top 6 cleaning products and all the alternatives.
1) All Purpose Soap: A basic vegetable-oil-based soap to cover all surfaces. Soap molecules get under and lift dirt into the soapy solution allowing dirt and debris to be wiped and washed. Choose unscented and undyed. A good All Purpose soap can be used for windows and floors too.
NATURE CLEAN All Purpose Soap is concentrated to be diluted in a bucket of water or a spray bottle for general cleaning. This product has cleaned up everywhere for generations! Safe enough to used on vegetables and fruit, tough enough for dishes and laundry. Nature Clean uses a 3rd party lab to test that their products are gluten-free.
DR.BRONNER’S Pure Castile Soap is concentrated castile soap in fragrance-free or a variety of essential oils that provide disinfecting properties and a refreshing aroma. Four generations of soap-making goes into a great formula for cleansing just about everything.
THE UNSCENTED COMPANY All Purpose Soap comes in a spray bottle or 4 Litre cardboard box for refilling. This economical reduction in plastic and price is what we all need. The dispenser button comes right out of the box ready to use.
Heavy Duty Cleaners & Disinfectants!
2) Disinfectant Surface Cleaners: are all purpose soaps with added ingredients to disinfect kitchen, bathroom and touch spots. Tough cleaners are not suitable for wood or delicate surfaces.
ATTITUDE All Purpose Disinfectant Spray comes in fragrance-free, citrus & thyme, or lavender & thyme. Not just a disinfectant – an amazing cleaner.
NATURE CLEAN Multi-surface Spray with lime & tea-tree oil is tough on grease, grime, and sticky scum.
NATURE CLEAN Non-chlorine Liquid Bleach – 5% Hydrogen Peroxide. Wash surface with All Purpose soap before applying. Hydrogen Peroxide biodegrades into water and air.
3) Toilet Bowl Cleaner: that is non-toxic and non-chorosive.
NATURE CLEAN Toilet Bowl Cleaner dilutes in the bowl to clean, disinfect and deodorize with the power of tea-tree oil.
Alternatives: Borax OR Washing soda diluted in warm water.
4) Floor Cleaner: with full mopping capacity. Dilute in a bucket of water for a full mop or mix with water in a spray bottle for spray & dust-mop action.
ATTITIDE Floor Cleaner for Wood & Tile. Finally, a floor product that does wood as well as tile without streaking.
Alternatives: Drop of Liquid Soap in bucket of water OR a 1/4 cup Vinegar in a bucket of water.
5) Glass, Mirror & Window cleaner: and rinse agent!
ATTITUDE Glass & Mirror Spray stays put and does not run down as you clean. Cleans that tough greasy dirt and grime found on outdoor windows and sills.
Alternatives: Vinegar & water in a spray bottle. The professional tool kit of window washers is Dish Soap in a bucket of water with a squeegee and re-useable microfibre cloths.
6) Scouring agents & tools: for surfaces that need more scrubbing or scouring.
Alternatives: Baking soda is fine enough for most sinks and tubs. Use dry with a soft cloth or damp on a scrub pad. Adding water creates a creamy paste. Rinse really well to prevent dried salt spots. Vinegar OR Glass Cleaner are great rinsing agents for your final rinse and shine.
These World Famous Pot Scubbers are our favourite! A gentle scrub for sinks and tubs but tough enough for pots and pans. Re-usable & washable in the dishwasher or the laundry.
The UNIVERSAL STONE is a fine polishing clay that gently scours delicate surfaces such as glass, metal, and stainless steel without leaving scratches. Gentle enough for daily use yet tough on lime scale, soap residue, grease and dirt. Polish silver without harsh chemicals. This product goes a long way – just foam up a wet sponge with small amount of product.